Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Transformers: The Movie

Transformers - The Touch

By the time Stan Bush was consigned to provide some of the background music tracks for Transformers: The Movie I was well out of high school- just graduating community college and well on my way to making a four year degreed institution into a six...

But there was something to be said for Stan's music in the 1980s... He'd done a nice chunk of the Transformers soundtrack and provided many a soundtrack for movies like Kick Boxer, BloodSport and even many an episode of anime favorites like Sailor Moon.

To some out there, his was a lame music form devoid of anything but filmatic jingles...

For others and I dare say I'd put my name in that category as well- he managed to provide a soundtrack that you could hum to and maybe mark moments in your life to the lyrics.

"The Touch" turned out to be one of a few songs that I consider anthems of my life...

Especially "When your back's against the wall..."

No comments: